Vega Mix-N-Go Breakfasts

It sounds like a lot of you love the chunky monkey nut butter cookies! If you make them and blog about it, send me the link because I’d love to see and share.

Lately, I’ve been in a breakfast rut, a healthy, tasty, never-gonna-quit-it rut.

August 4th 054

I’ve blogged about vega before, and I’m here to say it’s no joke or fad—it’s love. I think that the concept of a whole food optimizer that you can grab and go is genious, especially as a college student who deals with early classes. But a smoothie would never hold me over, which is why I’ve been eating this mix & go breakfast.

This is full of whole grains, protein, fiber, and healthy fats if you add nut butter, and takes no more than 5 minutes and no cooking—I swear!

August 17th 025

It starts with 4 basic ingredients: Vega smoothie mix, oatmeal, a banana, and either milk or a non-dairy milk(unpictured)

August 22nd 030

Start by mashing the banana to make it a smooth puree.

August 18th 032

Next add 1/2 cup oats, 1 heaping scoop of Vega shake & go smoothie, and 1/4 cup milky liquid.

Within a few minutes, it becomes a thick sort of pudding.

August 18th 036

You can eat it like that for a low-fat, high-fiber and protein breakfast or dress it up.

August 17th 030

Chocolate Vega mix & go pudding in a vanilla almond butter jar.

August 18th 039August 18th 041

Chocolate Vega mix & go pudding with chocolate peanut butter

August 22nd 003August 22nd 007

Vanilla Almond Vega mix & go smoothie with strawberry jam.

If you’re worried about the taste and texture of raw oats, after 10 minutes or so in the pudding they start to break down and soften so just give yourself a little time before eating this.

I think this is available at Whole Foods if you’re wondering where to buy it, but they didn’t have it at my small local one. I’ll look at another one and report back.

Do you have a favorite breakfast? What is it?

Tags: , , , , , ,

26 Responses to “Vega Mix-N-Go Breakfasts”

1. Nicole @ Making Good Choices 23. Aug, 2010 at 9:37 am #

I basically have had this same breakfast all summer. Instead of the shake and go I used the Vega chocolate health optimizer and then mix in goji berries, almonds and cacao nibs. I love it!

2. Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg 23. Aug, 2010 at 9:45 am #

Ahhh, I want to try Vega! I keep meaning to buy some of their products.

3. Madeline - Greens and Jeans 23. Aug, 2010 at 9:56 am #

I have heard so many good things about the Mix-N-Go! I need to be on the lookout

4. Danielle (Runs on Green) 23. Aug, 2010 at 10:04 am #

I love the idea of quick bfasts to-go (I’m in the same boat as you with early morning classes). It’d be even easier to mix it up the night before and just grab it in the morning!

5. eatmovelove 23. Aug, 2010 at 11:47 am #

Wow that first pudding like one looks incredible. So I guess the addition of the Vega makes it a more complete type value versus without it ?

Never seen it here before…and can’t afford it anyhow I’m sure LOL – can you score me a deal?!! haha :)

Breakfast is a given. Always a nut butter, oatmeal and bread/jam involved no doubt…and a banana…and…;)

6. Maggie 23. Aug, 2010 at 1:17 pm #

That breakfast looks so amazing! I am a huge fan of quick, grab and go breakfast options because its often hard as a college student to find that extra 20 minutes to make something really worthwhile. I’ve just begun a blog myself and tried overnight oats for the first time last week. I absolutely fell in love with the overnight oats concept and this looks like an even more delicious take! Excited to try it!!

7. Sam 23. Aug, 2010 at 1:49 pm #

i have never tried vega but i think i might now :)
    I eat overnight oats every morning m-f. 1/3 c of rolled oats. one container of any flavor yogurt. 1 tb chia seeds. mix, leave overnight in the fridge and enjoy. I top it with various items also… coconut, almond butter, maple syrup, fruit, dried fruit.
    It never gets old

8. rebecca lustig 23. Aug, 2010 at 1:52 pm #

anything chocolatey and peanutbuttery can’t be bad… right? 😉

enjoy your rainy day!

9. Becky 23. Aug, 2010 at 2:16 pm #

Great ideas for the Vega mix. I can’t wait to try them. I love this stuff for it’s nutritional profile, but I am just not satisfied by smoothies. I need to eat! I love oats in all forms for breakfast.

10. Neen @ Broad Bean to Runner Bean 23. Aug, 2010 at 2:30 pm #

looks yummy! i sway wildly between porridge with mix ins, made on the hob, warm and sweetened with agave. and fresh ice cold fruit, with fruit compote for dipping and a breakfast muffin for satiety! ohhhh i cant choose!!

11. Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) 23. Aug, 2010 at 3:52 pm #

i make something i call overnight brownie protein oats.. same concept, oats, cinnamon, sun warrior choc protein powder, but also add tons of agave (imagine that…lol) and that’s my “liquid” as is the smushed banana i include. It’s really good 12-24 hrs later from the fridge and if you make it, you can put it in the freezer and it keeps sorta indefinitely…and it becomes like oat-fudge. I dont blog about it too much anymore but about this time last year and thru early winter, i swear i featured it daily haha!

oh and you know how i know your blog is growing and getting more hits…b/c i can tell from my google analytics based on traffic from your site to my site…it’s literally doubled since HLS. Not kidding. You are the only blog though that’s really taken a huge increase like that. I enjoy stats and thought you would like to know that yes, you are growing :)

and the background, did it go from white to tan today? looks nice!

12. Nicole, RD 23. Aug, 2010 at 4:28 pm #

That looks so filling and delicious! I would eat that for breakfast any day!

13. Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat 23. Aug, 2010 at 6:00 pm #

I’ve seen Vega on some of the other HLS attendee’s blogs, but your breakfast recipe might be the one that persuades me to go buy the stuff. I’m one of those people who has a stomach that growls 2 hours after breakfast if I don’t get something filling in the morning. This might just do the trick for me! Thanks for posting :)

14. Melissa @ TryingToHeal 23. Aug, 2010 at 6:40 pm #

I’ll have to try this. I need something different for breakfast besides my cereal/pb/berries mixture…though it does kinda remind me of a breakfast cookie, in a bowl…?

15. Jordan 23. Aug, 2010 at 7:33 pm #

For months I was on a HUGE oatmeal kick…I made stovetop oatmeal, cooked with half a sliced banana and berries and topped with peanut butter, every single day. I thought I’d never get over it, but I finally did! Now I love to eat a toasted Ezekiel English muffin, one half topped with peanut butter, banana slices, and cinnamon, and the other half topped with fruit jam. I usually have berries on the side, and ALWAYS coffee.

16. Shannon, Tropical Eats 23. Aug, 2010 at 7:43 pm #

oh my. i am very glad i have all of these ingredients!!!

17. Danielle 23. Aug, 2010 at 8:33 pm #

I usually like a light breakfast – I’m never too hungry when I first wake up – so anything easy to swallow that tastes moderately good works for me!

That vega choc-a-lot packaging is brilliant – the deep chocolately brown bag with the great big chocolate piece makes it look very dessert-like!

18. Haley 23. Aug, 2010 at 8:37 pm #

looks delish.. I have not yet tried Vega. I am sure with my protein it would work though =) I agree with Melissa… reminds me of a bfast cookie, which I have no problem with!!

gosh, i wish my boyfriend ate like you. if he did, he may understand all of the crazy things i try in the kitchen.

19. Alycia [Fit n Fresh] 23. Aug, 2010 at 8:47 pm #

That’s a great idea! I would have never thought to make a pudding? I’m definitely trying this out for breakfast tomorrow.

I go through breakfast phases, most recently it’s cereal! With blueberries, almond milk and chia seeds of course :)

20. MarathonVal 24. Aug, 2010 at 12:48 am #

I’m also sooo in love with the chocolate Vega… but it is so, so expensive!!! So far the only packages I’ve gotten have been freen samples, and I want to buy more when it runs out but it’s hard to justify that cost… why oh why must the good protein powders always cost so much… sigh….

21. Megan @ The Oatmeal Diaries 24. Aug, 2010 at 8:55 am #

This would be the perfect breakfast for school! Next time I’m at WF I’m gonna buy a mini vega pack and try it out :)

22. Naomi(onefitfoodie) 24. Aug, 2010 at 9:06 am #

i have that chocolate vega btu havent tried it yet! the vanilla almondilla is delicious though!!! i love the idea of that quick breakfast!!
    YES I have a favorite breakfast! its oats cooked with water and almond milk-add cinnamon and nut meg and pour over cooked eggwhites, add blueberries! DELISH

23. brandi 24. Aug, 2010 at 9:43 am #

what a great idea!

anything with oatmeal is my favorite breakfast :) And homemade pancakes and biscuits, on the weekends.

24. Pepy @Indonesia Eats 25. Aug, 2010 at 3:02 am #

I tried this Vega Shake before and love it!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Vega Shake and Go Chia Pudding - 24. Aug, 2010

[…] on one’s hand, the Vega Shake & Go makes a nice addition to smoothies, puddings (check out Evan’s banana version), or […]

2. Tips for Staying Fit on a Budget « Beth's Journey - 25. Aug, 2010

[…] breakfast this morning, I had breakfast pudding! I stole this recipe from Evan because when I saw his post on it I knew I had to have it. I got a bag of Vega Shake n Go Smoothie in Chocolate from HLS, and I […]