Delicious

Speaking of favorite comedians, Anna‘s favorite comedian happened to be Jerry Seinfeld, who co-hosted Live! With Regis And Kelly this morning, which set me off(Don’t worry, Anna: Your Jerry is safe). Jerry asked the his guest, one of the Kardashians(I don’t even approve of those girls enough to look up which one it was) how her newborn baby was, to which she replied “Delicious”.

I’m sorry, but “delicious” should not be used as an adjective to anything other than food. This is a BIG pet peeve of mine. IT DOESN’T MAKE SENSE. 30 years ago, if anyone called their kid “delicious”, we’d be up in arms about a woman eating her own young. Nowadays we just glance past Cannibal Kardashian. I say no more; delicious is not an acceptible adjective to throw around. Just like “purple” has a very limited use, so should delicious. And as a food blogger, I think I know delicious when I see it.

Jessica posted a delicious looking recipe this morning: chocolate pecan butter. Yes please. Since I already had pecan butter with cashews on hand, I adapted with my chocolate nut butter recipe and added coconut oil, agave, and cocoa powder to a small portion. Yum! I mean, delicious!

A nice, short 6-laps around the neighborhood today was just what the doctor ordered after my 16-miler yesterday. And since I had fresh chickpeas cooked from this morning, lunch was a no brainer.

Virgil's Root Beer

Nothing tastes quite like sauteed chickpeas–so good! Just a little(OK, a lot) of EVOO in the pan firmed these up with some sweet potato wedges and sea salt over greens. On the side a nice cool, frothy, and–dare I say–delicious Virgil root beer.

Nothing is quite as good as dessert with lunch. And trust me–I needed this while trying to convince my grandmother not to disassemble the vacuum cleaner and just sit down with her box of wine(not really(she uses bottles)).

You’d be hard-pressed to find a more delicious vegan ice cream than So Delicious–yum! I like getting the plain flavors so I can add my own mix-ins; can you spot the vegan chocolate chips?

Where has this new and delicious nut butter been all my life? I ordered it from Tropical Traditions and it’s been love at first bite. I added a few peanuts this time to make it “chunky”. Note to self: Molasses and peanut butter is a match made in heaven.

And dinner wasn’t pretty, but it was delicious. I cooked lentils in salted water to al dente. After they had cooled, I simply seasoned and browned some fatty ground beef. When that cooked through, I added 1/2 a baked potato and some lentils to soak up the residual beef fat. Yum! With all the fat flying around, there was plenty of flavor here. If you eat bacon, this would be the way to have it. I’m just sayin’.

What’s one of your pet peeves? If you say food that looks like a pile of poo, I’m sooo sorry for my dinner. In my defence, I was going for a white chili. And white as in not tomato based; not white like “I’m so white, I make Casper look like Snookie”.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

15 Responses to “Delicious”

1. eatmovelove 09. Jun, 2010 at 7:39 pm #

Oh Evan when you become famous and own your own blogging/food/cooking network – whatever you end up doing it’ll be successful! – please hire me ;)

Too funny – you made me LOL in your first paragraph…and Lord knows I need it…laughs are rare these days and my stomach has just been a giant ball of knots all day over job stress…so all I’ve been doing is eat, eat, eat…so not sure if the knots are said stress or accumulation of crazy food…

I LOVE adding in brownies and chocolate chip to ice cream! My favorite is cake with it ;)

2. Jessica @ How Sweet 09. Jun, 2010 at 8:01 pm #

THanks for the shout. I am about to go devour the rest of my nutbutter!

3. VeggieGirl 09. Jun, 2010 at 8:43 pm #

HAHAHA!!! It was Kourtney who called her baby “delicious” and I TOTALLY agree with you – it’s weird to refer to anything else as “delicious” except for food (and perhaps one other thing, but I’ll leave that out of the comments section).

4. Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine 09. Jun, 2010 at 8:49 pm #

Pet peeves: late people. Not people who got stuck in traffic or whatever, but people who are chronically late and expect the world to wait for them. Can you tell I’m Type-A?

Not surprised one of the Kardashians said that….they’re beautiful and their show is hysterical, but they’re not exactly the poster children for intelligence.

5. Jenn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) 09. Jun, 2010 at 9:12 pm #

Jessica’s pecan butter looked amazing, so does yours!! YUM

Jenn

6. Sarena (The Non Dairy Queen) 09. Jun, 2010 at 9:44 pm #

I hate it when people call colors food names. Seriously, it is brown…not coffee or purple…not eggplant! I swear you have your old Cold Stone Creamery with all your mix ins! Everything looks delicious!

7. Elizabeth 09. Jun, 2010 at 10:14 pm #

That nut butter looks great! Molasses and peanut butter? Who would have thought?

I have way too many pet peeves to list them all, so I won’t :)

8. Mj 09. Jun, 2010 at 11:47 pm #

Hahaha aww I think delicious is actually a really funny adjectctive! You know how some people say like “oh he/she looks good enough to eat!” or “you’re spicy!” :p I guess that may just be me or people I hang with! One of my pet peeves is when people try to force their belief on others! like some PETA enthusiasts verbally assulting people who eat meat etc. That’s going overboard~
    On a side note – your easy recovery runs are how far I actually run on my training runs!

9. Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) 09. Jun, 2010 at 11:52 pm #

from rum snickerdoodles to kathy G to taco salad to cayenne and cumin commentary. i could go on and on. you should be happy to know that after 36 hrs of 0 blog reading. YOURS was the 1st blog. Now i have about 5 others and my borrowed time is about to be up. i made, im “home”, thank god :)

10. Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter 09. Jun, 2010 at 11:56 pm #

Molasses PB sounds absolutely fantastic!!! Yummmm :)

11. Madeline - Greens and Jeans 10. Jun, 2010 at 12:17 am #

My biggest life pet peeve is people who drive under the speed limit. Just thinking about it grinds my gears…

12. Danielle (Runs on Green) 10. Jun, 2010 at 12:23 am #

Gah that’s a pet peeve of mine too. I also don’t like when people misuse the word “ignorant.” Ignorant means uneducated…not “you’re a bitch.” haha k I’m done

16 miler…are you training for a marathon?? If not, then you totally should!

13. BroccoliHut 10. Jun, 2010 at 12:58 am #

Mmm molasses and PB does indeed sound like an amazing combo!
    It really ticks me off when people use “infamous” when they mean “famous.” A lot of food bloggers misuse the word, as in “please try my infamous oatmeal cookie recipe.” Infamous means notable for DIShonorable reasons! OK, rant over.

14. Kelly @ Healthy Living With Kelly 10. Jun, 2010 at 8:52 am #

I saw that on the Today show yesterday too and I thought the same thing about the “delicious” adjective. Seriously?? Who decribes their child as delicious???

15. ari 10. Jun, 2010 at 5:38 pm #

hahahhaha that’s hilarious. i think delicious can also be used to describe a warm fuzzy blanket or something, but def not a child.
    also, can you be my personal chef? thanks.